VALLEYFIELD HOA BOARD MEETING

 

Minutes

DATE 4/6/2010

Time 7:00pm

Java Divine

 

 

 

Meeting called by

Board of Directors

 

Type of meeting

Annual Meeting

 

Attendees

Caroline Curran, Arnie Sheldon, Sam McDonald. Terri Wolk,(Magnolia Management),

 

 

 

Agenda topics

 

 

Pool Gate Upgrade Quote

Review of Bid

 

Discussion

Bid came in at 3500.00 for the Pool Gate Upgrade.

 

 

Conclusions

Board has decided to postpone the upgrade of the pool gate system until next year. We will look to see if it can be added to the budget for the 2011 season. Upside of the upgrade would be the access to the system without having to be physically at the pool thus allowing cards to be activated in a more timely manner, downside is cost wise we did not budget for this in the pool repairs and have already spent the budgeted money for 2010 to repair the deck surface of the pool area.

 

 

 

Pool Deck Repair

Status

 

Discussion

Pool deck repair was completed as of last week.

 

 

Conclusions

Pool will be able to open as scheduled with out puddling of water at the shallow end of the pool area. It was noted to the board that the contractor used the water source of the home next to the pool without authorization from the homeowner. Magnolia will contact the contractor and all other vendors to make sure this does not happen again.

 

 

 

Violations

discussion

 

Discussion

Mold continues to be a problem in the community. Magnolia has inspection for April and will be sending letters out for Mold violations and garbage can violations.

 

 

Conclusions

Reminder letters will go out for garbage can placement, roof issues, mail box painting and general cleanliness of homes.

 

 

 

Book of Resolutions

Discussion

 

Discussion

Magnolia recommends a Book of Resolutions for Valleyfield Subdivision

 

 

Conclusions

Magnolia will provide an example for the board to review. A book of resolutions would be useful if the board decided to change any of the guidelines in the ARC designs or Covenants.

 

 

 

Reserve STudy

STATUS

 

Discussion

Reserve study was completed by CRITERIUM GILES ENGINEERS, Cary, NC. The board has obtained the initial copy and is reviewing.

 

 

Conclusions

Reserve study will allow the board and coming boards to ear mark money that will be needed in the next 10 years for multiple upkeep items (ie parking lot resurfacing, pool & cabana upkeep)

 

 

 

ICE CREAM SOCIAL

DISCUSSION

 

Discussion

Ice Cream social scheduled for June 5th from 11:30-1pm

 

 

Conclusions

Caroline will coordinate the hiring of an ice cream truck to dispense ice cream at the pool area for residents. We will also provide wipes at the tables in the pool area.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Observers

None

Resource persons

Terri Wolk

Special notes

None

 

 

Minutes submitted by Caroline Curran April 7, 2010, reviewed and approved on XXXXX, 2010.